GEOGRID IS A POLIMER PRODUCT, it is made of polimer materials such as Polypropylene (PP), high density polyethylene( HDPE) and Polyeste (PET) The geogrid with high tensile strength, low deformation could be used in the reinforcement of soil for walls, steep slopes, reinforced soft soil requires high life over 100 years.
FUNCTION - ADVANTAGES
- Calculating tightly with surrounding materials, creating a solid foundation, especially against the slip of embankment used as dams and earth retaining walls.
- Versatility: almost suitable for all types of soil and rock.
- Save the amount of earthwork, take advantage of on-site materials.
- Fast construction time with low cost.
- Durable geogrids with physical and chemical impacts of the enviroment, corrosion often seen in the area to handle soft ground (mined areas, landfills, marshlands, ports…)
- APT geogrids with a variety of product: PP grid, PET grid, glassgrid, rectangular grid, triangular grid.
- Glassgrid is a new technology developed specifically for improvement and upgrading highway and airport projects. The use of glassgrid for upgrading and renovating road and airport projects could extend the life of asphalt layer up to 2 times more than not using it.
- RETAINING WALLS: Geogrids is spread horizontally, associated with the plates or blocks facing outside against the shear of the potential block sliding and could build the wall as high as 17 meters with slopes to 90 degrees.
- SLOPE ROOF: The geogrid is spread into horizontal layers in the slope to increase stability and slipping control. The surface of the slope roof can be anchored with the geotextile itself or shielded by earth sacks or artificial vegetation to prevent surface erosion. The slope by this method can reach a height of 50m.
- BRIDGE LEADING PATH: Like the retaining wall, the geogrid is spread into each horizontal layer, anchored between the roof panels at the two roofs leading the bridge, both increasing the load capacity and saving the space on both sides of the path.
- PILE BONDING: After closing the foundation piles, the net is spread on the piles, creating a load-bearing support from the above buildings to all piles effectively, while also saving the number of piles.
- CREATING A NET TO SUPPORT A LOT OF EMPTY CAVITIES: The grid is used to cover a lot of empty cavities, a part of limestone , the foundation has a lot of lumpy materials … limiting hollow holes, protecting the lining layer as membrane waterproofing (cell burying garbage, reservoirs on rocky mountains, mines, etc.).
- FRICTION ON SLOPING ROOFS: In order to increase the friction of the embankment material on the sloping roof, there is a spread of smooth waterproofing membranes or other geotechnical materials.